Wednesday 5 August 2009

NO MR. EASE...

Resting after a little portion of digging. The onions have been lifted,not bad . Shallots too. Anne-Sophie has just been cleaning them up for long term storage. I divided the raspberries. One scrawny plant from last year will make eight large plants next year,that's pleasing. We will give a bunch of Black currant to a neighbour. Some red ones too. Not many pictures to ogle you are saturated with one eyed images as it is. Carrots are healthy late crop accelerating well. Aubergine and peppers thrive no copper on the tomatoes,some of them got sick,we rescued many kilos of the fruit but the plants will be burned. I am grateful we didn't see the Colorado beetle this year. The fruit harvest locally has been good. The apricot jam tastes so good, intoxicating. Superfruity. After spreading my toast I counted seven apricot halves(it was an accident honest) Could be classed as an addictive drug,I had better keep it cool. The strawberry jam isn't much better. I am not content with the plum jam it is merely excellent. The continual payoff for all the hard work is most Encouraging. Gimme the organic "Lovin it" every time. There is no such thing as cheap food but with no food miles and no profiteering we get 100% of the value of the work invested,plus a healthy profit that is the life. Growing and eating potatoes doesn't make anyone fat. waiting for the cows to come home does. This years spuds are good. Activity would have been hyperbolic this year but my health couldn't stand the pace. I am getting stronger now . I could do without giving even a small damn about my adult childrens welfare, Poor communication from the Blighted Isle and extremely unsettling intelligence gathered from what there was has lost me three nights sleep in a row. It's not as if I have a choice caring does it on it's own.She left the stabilisers on for too long, then she held on to them in case they fell off. They are all right in the little uns pool but they couldn't hack it at the moment beyond the strand line. They need tuning up. I can see me hitching to U.K. I will keep me hands in my pocket till I am sure if it's a hug that's needed or a thump. I'm sure I am not the only one who has felt this way.

I may have to busk my fare at the port town. Not really up for it but I can do without losing sleep. It is going to take months to recover,I am hardly fit to do a decent days digging as it is,it'll set me back.The roundy house aches for my attention.Patience. Good things take time magic is slower than science. The prospect of going to Britain fills me with dread. me beardy face gets treated as a suspect terrorist every time I visit.
Britons may never never never be slaves but a natural freemans face certainly worries a lot of shavers,both men and women. Seems to be a wave of New Age Xenophobia. Reckons this pandemic of swine flue is a subliminal symptom of Islamaphobia. The media hype designed to make the muslim terrorists feel uncomfortable about going there. London isn't a pleasant prospect from here. If I go it will not be a pleasure trip. Spy city. Cameras everywhere. They would be better serving if they exercise their fat behinds and practiced vigilant exemplary good citizenry on the ground. Bet they wouldn't do that for no wages 24/7. It is sadly observable that everyone and his aunty from the top down in U.K seems to need a scam a fiddle plus expenses. From Royal Houshold through to Big Issue sellers. I know it isn't good to generalise but from over the water it doesn't look good. I will try to be objective about the state of the capital if I go. Ragged Man on manouveurs again. How do you spell that? I just hope I can busk enough up to cover my tickets and my food. Pray God they have their ears on. The tunes have been coming out well of late. I dare say I will have a good rant I will find a platform in the park. The TREE HOUSE GALLERY is it? We will see. I am hard to impress. I noticed that the publicity before opening was begging for snacks and water for the workers,in the fifth richest country in the world plc. on the worldwide web for goodness sake. I was shocked and ashamed. So "Stand by yer beds and get ready for inspection" Don't see why I should feel bad on me own" I'll put Instant Karma a la mode on thhe menu. lets hope I can get them eatng out of me hand . The firewood is cut stacked and dry, enough for more than a year. Many jars of haricots stashed away in jars. We will harvest more hazel nuts ,very sweet.Damson jam next I reckon. The second crop of the year of strawberries. So that is what they are meant to taste like. Folk don't know how badly they're being cheated in Shopping Land. What happens to the nation of shop keepers when the money runs out.. The workers have to get their influential social networks to beg for food on the world wide web.
The pile of seaweed looks well, I might take a photo. Ithas been rained on a couple of times we will leave putting it on the beds until late in the year, first some ble noir and beans which will be turned into the ground before flowering. I won't seek out cow manure. I don't trust it. I have seen too much of the industry over years to risk the family's health. The veggies keep better if they aren't overfed. Don't we all?

Someone gave Anne-Sophie a bottle of Champagne yesterday for being alovely trustworthy and diligent care worker. We drank Buck'sFizz from jam jars as we have no glasses. She had one I had two, by Heck it's strong. I rarely drink. That was enough for us. Happen we'll have the rest tonight. The two drinks if I have to drink on occasion
Bitter shandy and Bucks Fizz will see me right. Seperately mind. I can see them needing to have a charity whip round to buy me a half. I might take them a jar of jam. They could auction it on e-bay and buy some grub. If our kid does'nt measure up I will eat it meself. I doubt I will stay long. the prospect of leaving the garden at this time of year makes me home sick already, I haven't gone yet?Who knows I might not.
What ever happened to jam and Jerusalem Seems like they need celebrity media stars to show them which end to feed, Poor bewildered donkeys. "No the carrot is offered to the front end!" you wonder what makes them reluctant to eat the very best of natures bounty from there own gardens. No garden home forces a man to be a slave for wages.
I'm content with my own patch but I mourn the demise of my former homeland. As I say ," You can't be blamed for caring."

No comments: