Wednesday 12 October 2022

The New Enrichment, next season's nourishment...

 

Jewels of Autumn, difficult to ignore...


 A  good multi purpose apple, converted to jelly, dry preserved chunks for pies and three jars of compot. Another batch of apples has just arrived. I hope we get some dry apple rings,(better than candy), and maybe a Strudel or two,(I'm dreaming).
Sweet Chestnuts, perfect specimens, to be blended with a local Honey will make fantastic chestnut jam.
I got cracking...  there will be boxes more no doubt. These Walnuts from our young tree are destined for confectionary, Cake , chocolate, toffee or biscuits.
Newly harvested Butternut Squash sit beside a beautiful Pumpkin that mysteriously appeared on the doorstep.The assured promise of exciting feasting. I'm going to need some help ,with that. Sweet or savoury we have you covered.
I think I'll eat this now, .......I.Wazir


No comments: