Friday 4 February 2011

Hardcore...

I've been throwing stone for most of the day. One at a time. I tried barrowing them but it left ugly brown wheel ruts in the grass paths. The by air method works well. It is night now, I feel cheated by the shortness of daylight. Waiting for tomorrow iz not the most satisfying work. More purple slabs will join their friends at the entrance of the top circle. A pretty sight they are. First job after coffee I will fill the crescent with the small stones, a raised field, flat topped and chamfered sides will be blinded off and later covered with a waterproof membrane then topped with small slabs bedded on lime mortar and grouted. That is to be the base of the verandah , the cool place to sit work or just shoot the breeze in the summer.
Once the pile of small hardcore is transfered I will treat it to judicious attention of my sledge hammer. A tonne or so more of purple slabs to move once that little chore is done.
I dare say folk would find it hard to believe that I might be enjoying the work. Loving the labour. Maybe not. I will get some sleep ,I am starting to blether. Hell, this blogging is a real time and energy vampire. I feel worse for doing this than after an afternoon of hard graft. Tomorrow then, another hardcore day.

No comments: