Wednesday 1 February 2012

Frozen solid...

Couldn't get the rubble out of the wheel barrow. The spade and hoe just bounce of the soil.Ayup my old blog, long time no see. Filling in the gap would take more than the the day is long. It'll be a while before I put up more photos. You will just have to wait. I've still got a lot to say . Saying out loud isn't the same as pogo typing. You will get some of that when I get a satisfactory audio visual presentation. We still make incremental seasonal progress. The yard project is moving forward again. The round house at the top of the field is on hold till the summer. I am content with just relaxing in warmth and comfort. Looking out of the window with the coming years work staring me in the face.
This is the time for planning the work. Most of the vegetable garden has been manured
it will get turned over just before we plant and sow from early spring. Start warming up a bit of ground in March for early potatoes. . I want to plant garlic but will have to wait till the ground thaws.We still have a few fresh veg in the field Swede, Kale, Leeks, There are some carrots, they are locked in solid ground. Most of our main crop is safely bagged up out of the frost.Plenty of spuds in store.Beetroot is surviving well.We have two enormous cabbages left. Our fuel supply is more than adequate. There is an awful long list of stuff stored in the freezer, It was a good year in Le Breil. As it should be.
I haven't been getting a lot of cheery news from the British media. 'Cept for Toby being on the mend I would get really glum if I started rambling on about the miserable condition I found my lovely old country in on my recent visit. I talked to someone who's peers took to calling the "green guru". Oxford, the city of dreaming spires and lost causes. Reduced "ecology and sustainable development" to blue with a streak of yellow.It sells soap but it doesn't leave you feeling clean.
I will be coming over to Britain again soon on legal business. I will try to ignore as many unhappy details as I can. Concentrate on whats going on that shows some sign of doing some lasting good.
Emma hasn't given brother Toby her new address. She is having a little sulky power play I guess.Someone should give her a word to the wise.
I haven't had her address since she left school. She would be welcome here if she got the bottle to leave the "Big Mistake" behind. Present conduct makes no rational sense .
You have my address Em. You are welcome here any time. We need to talk, long overdue.
The blog can wait Duty calls.

No comments: