Wednesday 8 March 2017

Below is a video I came across whilst wading through the current Merry Con soap opera. It would serve a lot of millennials well if they understood what the man is saying.

Well I was impressed anyway, but then I am English living in the French Republic. What could I know? Never mind rebelling without cause. James Dean never got to be old.
I will be writing more soon enough, The Daffodils have erupted into flower.
Garlic is doing well. Still got salad growing in the garden. Little cabbages started to pick up in spite of deep frost, minus 10 at one point.A few leeks yet to harvest. Fruit bushes budding Marie Therese 's apricot tree is blossoming. Much digging and preparation for the spring sowing. Anne-So is propagating seed for tomatoes aubergines. Oh Yes,my onions have started to show green.  I will plant out my shallots in the next few days. We have a cover over the Rhubarb,hoping to force some long tender stems. I have just sown broad beans. We have just been harassed by several days of storm. Emile's old barn got demolished,We have just delivered bits of the neighbour's house back to him. No damage in our domain, are we doing something wrong. The Kale is thriving. Little Ali the cat isn't so little anymore.  Anne-Sophie's  spinning and dyeing , knitting and weaving is showing really beautiful results. Find her blog: lefilharmonic.blogspot.com Tons more I will relate some other time.It will be time to sow spuds in a couple of weeks. Last year was a fair result in spite of being planted in starving soil. Overcame the deficiencies by substituting grass sods instead of manure or compost. This years crop will be better for having been fed with well rotted horse manure.   I will post some photos after sleep,it's late. 
Ah, it's Peter Godden's Birthday, he wont like me mentioning it ,but who cares? We wish him a happy one.
I.WAZIR.

No comments: