Thursday 1 March 2018

They have got you to themselves now Toby...

How bad can that be?... Some just stand and stare in bewildered amusement, others try to silently ignore in denial of a witnessed injustice.
First passenger to arrive in plenty of time to embark upon the Eurostar . Proud owner of the new bio metric passport.  Did I really have a choice if I wished to travel at all. If ever I return to U.K. it will likely be as a pedestrian, on foot across a frozen English Channel.  That would save me from further potential persecution , public humiliation and targeted abuse. It was a real trouble to get the ticket home, the point of my journeying was  overshadowed ,my benign personal mission wholly obstructed , sabotaged in effect. One wonders why.
Having stood at the front of the queue for nigh on half an hour before all other potential passengers and many of the morning staff, as you may have witnessed. The line was ushered through the control gates. I was Immediately singled out  by a French steward, that I may not enter. The other people waived ahead of me. ...
The message loud and clear from the obstructing functionary. "Only people with tickets are allowed to travel on the Eurostar train." I was stunned and somewhat hurt. Producing my ticket from my coat. with audible objection caused a small distractive circus of drama. Not to my best liking, I asked the usher how she may have divined that the other people in the line must by her undoubted proffered  rationale all were in possession of a ticket, observing that most kept their tickets and passports securely out of sight, until entering the barriers. My right of passage appeared to have been reinstated, without an explaination as to why I should have been singled out. Waive along with a kurt  "sorry",one wonders how sneaky and dishonest one must look to the corporate all seeing eye that a low grade functionary should appear to  act with such irrational and unnatural prejudice.Whatever is your take on the incident is beyond me to know. Memorably on topic , you mentioned you would be a bit short this week. It would account for the shortfall in your curiosity as to what was happening to your father. Normally your six feet ten inches height would afford a grandstand overview.
Beyond the threshold of the ticket barrier, I was on my own. There is more to the story, front and back of this snippet. I will copy and paste this on my blog as a precursor to expanding the narrative. I wont be returning to U.K. now son. If there is any good we might do together it will have to be accommodated in the Izdom of Iz. You can keep up with this here yarn in further postings on my blog.
Some images from the smiling side of the ordeal. What happened on breaching the dragon's lair ?  Wait and see. See you son. Love, your grumbling giffer, Reinold.

No comments: