Tuesday 3 February 2009

Anne-So sed...

"It's better to be cursed by God, than be blessed by the devil." It's best sed and not argued over, sweat o' the brow stuff iz that.
Not much sweating doing just now,there's a hard frost, impenetrable by fork or spade.I brought a stick of sprouts in and a few turnips and swede for the potage,I'll have another try for some leeks later in the afternoon when it is a bit more thawed.

Thats the pot simmering away on the wood stove, I start it off on the gas cooker, it will need salt, I will throw some finely chopped wakame seaweed in when it's nearer ready. Big lump stew,my all time favourite. I will post recipes of this tasty economic infinitly variable meal another time.

Life, is good (try living without it). This afternon I'll sew some buttons on a pair of me sized pantalon,I have just found some good quality braces in Plelan market, I'll post photos of the stalls soonish. The buttons will face outwards between the waistband and the belt. The belt gets tightened when I am working, I tend not to eat much till after I've done. Belt and braces, practical utility and comfort,form follows function. I chuffed to bits I have two pairs of off the peg trousers that fit properly , really sick of having to make do with army surplus fatigues. I had taken to making them to ensure a degree of dignity,a waist band at waist height,and a generous enough cut to ensure me ammunition stays in good order, who wants to shoot blanks for heaven's sake? Who iz buying the men their clothes in UK these days, tight sexy arsed trousers that reduce the sperm count and make the young fellows look like redundant rent boys, it iz tragic that they allow themselves to be used as mannequins. My old worn out clothes are continually being repaired. I wear them out with work first, cut their pocket money mams no one will want to employ them if they don't dress ready for work, "thinks he is a flower to be looked at", az I say, form follows function.They did get fooled again didn't they? Why buy clothes three sizes too small that have already been worn out before they are worn in?

I shifted a bit more stone today, it kept me out of trouble whilst Anne-Sophie attacked the house with the vacuum cleaner. Four more buttons to go on me trousers.
The big lump stew was delicious, c'est normal. We ate it with a few slabs of stone baked complet bread from an artisanal baker in Plelan market, he grows the grain and mills it himself, it is baked in a wood fired oven,as he sez, "with love".
Marie Therese surprise attacked us with a gift of half a roast chicken and some roasted potatoes,it's all good stuff.
I will be posting a few articles about visible sustainable progress in this region, much of the hoped for developments that I thought would be established in Britain by now are easier to find here, I am grateful I had the sense and the good fortune to move I don't feel as much a marginalised freak here as I did in the U K.
Why all the mundane words? If you have started reading this before reading the rest of the blog that leads to here,you have started at chapter two and we are nowhere near the end ,a way and a bit passed the begining. Either start again or switch off and buy a comic. It is raining here my garden is muddy. I wrote to a friend about this and that,with just a hint about escaping from the deepening crisis in U.K.plc. It has taken my mind off the snow, we don't have any.We have stacks of fuel,the part time minimum wage seems to meet our frugal needs. I have new boots. The mortgage iz getting paid on time.I'm not homeless any more.My little hedge is showing signs of spring.I am looking forward to making my stone pile bigger tomorrow if it's dry.
my akoo stick iz tootlin some good toonz and me good woman loves me. You are welcome to the crisis It iz the down side of the consumer lifestyle choice,we will stick wih the choiceless option. We make less go further .Taste my big lump stew, you would wish you were poor.Loads of luck but little money. Perfect.

No comments: