Monday 1 February 2010

For what it's worth...

My old stamping grounds in London have all either been redeveloped or are now too monoxide rich to risk playing. The bucket remains empty but I am not disheartened , the ground work of organising some kind of fundraising ventures needed to be done. Positive news there, a small gig will be held in, The George, Homerton, on February 13 also at a venue"Unit Two", Clapton on February 6 as well as an appearance at"Passing clouds", Dalston on Sunday,(that's the seventh).
I will be blowing and banging outside in Spitalfields in a public space for as long as it is mutually tolerable.Brick Lane market on Sundays seems to be a favourable streetside venue. I pray my performance is good enough to touch people's generous hearts. My ooblee dooblee, "strictly kitchen" genre, going nowhere but on anon.
I have met a Brazilian man, Victor, who is keen to make a small documentary film of the progress and has intimated that he is prepared to follow it through to Paris and later perhaps to Haiti.
This is an international NGO, self sponsored voluntary community action.At present I can see no worthier cause, for the record.
The reportage is about the hopeful modest efforts towards assisting the reconstuction of Port au Prince. Little will be acheived if we can't get our able bodies and our expertise to where we can do some lasting good.
It would be well to note the debt both European and American working people owe to Haiti. The Slave Rebellion was the single most influencial cause of the transition to the abolition of the slave trade.If you can read this , you can search the web for further information. If the significance of our duty of care has eluded you, I advise you take a more active interest in the history of our over exploited planet and it's people.
Nuff sed for now.I will be in Spitalfields tomorrow with my begging bucket. I hope I see you there.

1 comment:

ORMUS said...

Esteemed Mr Iznibz,

Writing is Adam whom you spoke with at the Permaculture film night yesterday. I thought I ought share with you these links relating to a Permaculture relief effort in Haiti:

http://permaculture.org.au/2010/01/14/permaculture-relief-corps-forming-for-haiti-earthquake-response/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email

http://www.permaculturehaiti.org/breaking-news

Blessings,

a.