Saturday 31 March 2012

Someone's nicked my Ooblee Dooblee...

So much for having faith in outside assistance. Ooblee Dooblee and a few other tunes have disappeared from My blog.I haven't got the time with the amount of other work to learn and master the technology. I had some Tunes on the archive that I was assured would stay there. Perhaps our definitions of sustainable differ. Conditional on what? is the question. As though all the words in the world will mean something else if you don't keep paying money. They were posted via someone else's server. I guess he didn't pay his bill. Then I heard his lap top was stolen. since he has a new one now and his current interests are not the same as the ones he had during his original computer he has possibly just not bothered to renew his past account. Who knows? My eyes couldn't take more than the irritation they endure at present. They are photo sensitive. It is as much as I want to bear to type without harming them anymore learning new tricks screenside. Is it just my perception that needs adjusting or is the percentage of children needing spectacles growing. Summats up thats for sure. Looks that way to me, In my youth all children were tested in school. I remember having it done several times. National health glasses were easily got through the National program. no child need be disadvantaged rich or poor. Hardly any of the kids in a poor mining area had glasses. It was a fairly rare sight. I see a lot more now. Presumably they aren't wearing them just to look cool. So Wassup???
In the bad old days of child exploitation in Europe children were used to do fine craft work Silk tatting for the lace industry being one that immediately comes to mind. Economic necessity forced families to compromise the care of their offspring in poor families every one that could contribute to keep bellies full at home did so. Now in the days of conspicuous consumerism and excessive waste we give children the means to scorch the optic nerves without control or adequate supervision. Super vision, what a laugh. Scary innit? They'd never allow that now would they. Anyway they can't prove it.
Ever hear of screen cleaners? Ever wonder why they are needed? Light can photo engrave a plate of glass. It is worth thinking about at any rate. I have little faith that many will. The optician told me recently that if I use my eyes for reading the screen , fixed focus, they would rapidly get worse. He wasn't wrong. Another problem caused by screenside light is it is radial light not parralel. This is tiring my head. I'll give it a rest. I doubt that there is as much as one person in a million who cares enough and is empowererd enough to do anything about it. Who Cares?
Earth day, I had to smile. One day a year. It hardly touches the surface. One blessed day to show that we give a minute part of a god forsaken damn. I am glad they did it though the result could be quite illuminating.Our village gdoesn't have street light and that is the way we like it. Wish you were here.

No comments: