Saturday 6 March 2021

Taking the pains, in the light of one's own mortality...To Emma Grace (Emergy"Pinky") Lagos, Portugal.

                                                                        There is a limit to the amount of other peoples problems with which one may empathise. Ayup Emma Grace. My sympathy goes out to, regarding your back.

Bearing the pain of inappropriate working practice heroically in sacrifice to family is often missed by those for whom the service is performed.A real pity you were never encouraged to relate head to head with your father. You may have found a way of avoiding what often turns out to be a painful working lifetime. I laugh.I have been poleaxed to incapacity several times, so far with occasional help my disc has clicked back in place. Don't "mask up" if you are in pain. A lack of oxygen, from shallow breathing creates muscular tension that will only exacerbate the difficulty of moving correctly delaying recovery time. Whether, during pregnancy,labourious work,Kung Fu or yoga. All best advice for pain management, incorporates breathing  properly. Out as well as in... As long as you remain active, once damage is done,you will always be vulnerable. Light weight training execises may help . Squat press, done correctly would improve the supportive muscles around your spine. In your urban environment a licenced gym coach shouldn't be hard to find. I still endure a lifetime of back problems. That combines with growing arthritic pains, Brooksism,Oedema,progressive loss of vision and pernicious anemia to say little to nothing of harm endured from acts of violence to my person. Permanent damage , there is no escape.It has to be said that none of the relative pains earned from rubbing up against the harsher side of life may compare with the internal pains caused by calous uncaring family members.Emotional troughs of despondancy can undermine and inhibit ones ability to recover from  physical damage. A distraction at any rate from good pain management.

I have a good Doctor. He has referred me to a Kinesiotherapist. My spine needs straightening out.  Hang on with this, I am about to put myself at risk once more. I have a barrow of muck that needs incorporating into the garden in preparation for peas. I don't always have a convenient window of painless opportunity... Back now... I"ll do some more soon. One more gully to fill.  I am puffed out but it's not hurting.  A little bit at a time, when I can and if I can. The benefit of the work remains as a profit from our domestic investment. Permaculture is meant to accomodate us vunerable humans, comfortably. We, that's my Madame and I are permanently commited, both to each others needs as well as our garden reality.  The two factors are indivisible. The work may be never ending,  When push comes to shove, mere, "Friends with Benefits", rarely works. We don't subscribe to a "Rent a Lifestyle Choice",  our mortgage will be paid off by Summer. That will present us with interesting opportunities. Watch this space. Painful or not I am a long way from dead, I do hope that small fact is not too much of a burden to you.
If you are wondering why I am relating to you this way... I recently sent you an Email in response to hearing that you have sciatica. As much helpful advice as I could write at the time. Heaven only knows if you even read your Emails. Ignorance being a popular drug of choice. One can't help but notice. By relating via my tatty blog others may draw your attention to my efforts. Your father isn't asking to be a Facebook friend, You have yet to notice that I am in truth a real friend.  Naturally. 

A sustainable homelife is something I found is worth taking the pains to build.  I am easy to find Emma.The profit from our invested labour of love is ultimately all the legacy we may pass on to future generations. Ignore what happy dads do best. At your peril.  There is much joy yet to share. Perhaps even tears, where would be the harm for the relief they may bring. Unresolved issues are best dealt with in person. Publicity would prove destructive. You have avoided giving me your address since teenage. Not the worst of it when coupled with the false allegations put out on your behalf by your mother. Up to you Emma to take responsibility for your part . Your call.

Before I close... In Ireland I encountered a marvelous Chiropracter. A man called Billy Taighe. Inexpensive magic bone clickery. In County Cork.  A service that shouldn't be over used. Worth to find a trustworthy amenable practicioner near you. Twice he got me from crawling and limping, to dancing and jumping within minutes. 

This has been written over two days. It's sunny, I will be going out to the garden soon.Plenty of work to do. I'll give you a break now.  Distant Love. Dad.





 

No comments: