Wednesday 27 April 2011

Taking my mind off the all pervading odour of slurry and bonemeal...

I'll finish erecting the beanpoles when the wind has died down.Yesterdays precious memory will distract for a while. We visited a local baker, Nicolas. He is a doer. A principled frontliner. Grows his wheat from old variety seed. Low gluten bread that even many gluten intolerant customers can enjoy.The four, the great wood fired oven is situated at the rear of his home, fueled by sweet chestnut scantling. A visit to his bakery is verging on a spiritual experience. A privelege to have visited his workplace. A good example of durable organic progress.
I got lots of photos of stone walls. Le Rocher is the name of the village . There's a lot of that stuff there. A nearby Chapel took my fancy, more beautiful still was the splendid ancient yew tree that dwarfed the building beside it.
I got the bottom line of the retaining wall laid . The air was breathable yesterday. Today it makes me feel like retching. An unnecessary stink.Heavy lifting and digging causes me to breath too deeply to ignore the repugnant odours. I will shift some small stones into place ready for sticking down with lime mortar. A job for every occasion. No escaping the work. I'l get on now, happen after another cuppa.

No comments: