Wednesday 4 April 2012

ARMTHORPE has 38 takeaways, there's summat wrong there...

It was hard times for me as a youth, back in the day in Basil avenue. We couldn't even afford chips. Ever grateful I am for learning to cook from my dad, at home.
The tomato and aubergine seedlings are looking really robust and we have a tray of lettuce seedlings rearing to go. They will go out once the risk of frost is passed. We still have spuds in store.Marie Terese and Emilesowed this seasons crop in their bottom field. We have planted a row of shallots and more Garlic. We got into the habit of sowing garlic from the supermarket to use as sets but I think we got some irradiated ones. they have been in the ground for ages but they just didn't budge. Got some more , I think they are allright.We'll see.
There is a good rake of blossom out now, peach, plum and pear. The kale is coming into flower. I will leave two plants, one purple and one green for seed.. I will eat the last of the good leaves, freeze some for later.Then feed. the ground. We still have plenty of leeks. They aren't threatening to flower yet. Time to freeze a bag or two for mid season also. The flush of spring green is stunning.I'd better leave this and do some more. I am beginning to feel deprived.

No comments: