Friday 6 April 2012

We get a better idea of what we are looking at when the sun is at our back...


Just trying to make a bit of good of a life in ruins. This is the entrance to the garden. At present it may not be regarded as much more than tidy pile of rubble. There's nowt on this earth that wasn't made of summat else. Wait till it's finished, you'll not see much sense in it for staring intensely at the light. It is only a picture from my notebook. a past time allusion to the epic poetry contained within an ever changing landscape.
I am now resolved to incorporate a wheelchair access. I wont be doing it out of kindness, the way I'm feeling some days it's more than likely I'll be needing it myself.
This season's temporary facade is getting on my nerves already. We try hard to keep the yard looking as pretty as a building site may. I will be sticking some stone down this coming year much of the structure will remain hungry. The voids will eventually be filled with tonnes of good soil and compost.
Today is an uncomfortable one. Wanting to get to grips with the heavy is obstructed by a broken toe.If that was all I would have little to moan about. Me back is way beyond it's best , my knees keep me in the standing position only by a conscious effort of will somedays.Even when I am sitting down they nag me to do something else. My arthritis keeps reminding me of the many canings they received from a fat arsed insensitive deputy head, Marjoram by name,Added to that the work they have done over the years , stone isn't a laugh when your knuckles feel as though they are on fire.
This chapter of the journey looks like being a painful one.I'm still standing on my hind legs. Hoping that the proposed wheelchair access will be utilised by visiting guests only. I will blog stuff when there is nothing else I can do. A fat lot of good it has done me or anyone else so far. A man told me that a blogs allright if you have something to say. The printed word is not speech. Most of the time I am silent. That is the time I mean the most. Who'd get that?
I could have done without the news that the children of the former Beatles were proposing to dip their bread in some of their parents glory. I hope they stay well out of hearshot . I would be more impressed if they decided to get work on the shovel. One wonders how much more of the debt ridden nation's disposable income they rightly deserve.
I couldn't afford records back in the days of my youth when the Beatles were getting famous got sick of being force fed the racket they made and the news of their antics via the media. I am not nostalgic for those times. The real sixtees for me started in October . This is only the beginning. I have some tunes of my own that will need airing before I drop off the perch. At fourteen I resolved to learn to play my flute first. I reckon it is about time it came out of the closet. The two blog postings of musicon the side bar are early days recording mutated by inappropriate engineering. An experiment. Upload it from the Internet Archive if you want. There's no accounting for taste.

No comments: