Friday 6 April 2012

They 'aven't got an 'ope in 'ell...

Knife crime or fear of it has provoked a stern reaction.By the time a person gets one of their own here in France most kids have learned of what a lot else a body may do with a knife besides stabbing others.They never banned bovver boots, sez it all. Someone somewhere in the blighted Isle must surely have heard of lawful excuse.
My interest in woodwork started with an opinel knife. Useful in my garden, the kitchen, on picnics a multitude of other practical uses. Inexpensive working kit a boon in any tool bag.
Twice now I have visited U.K. they allowed me through without search. On the way out they confiscated my Opinel. "It is a crime to carry a knife". How on earth does one get them to the kitchen. Dumbed down Britain seems oblivious of the syntax glitch. Euro star then forced me under duress to sign a piece of paper which states that I waive all rights of property. I asked for a receipt, with a view to having my property sent on to France, I was then told to just sign the waiver or the police would be called. I would then not be able to use my ticket home. When checking through airport customs and immigration in the past my "sharps" were always handed in and wrapped with a security sticker. Always returned on reaching my destination. A knife is primarily a tool, not a weapon. Banning the carrying of knives will not reduce the amount of violent crime in Britain. I have been hospitalised on six occassions in U.K. in unprovoked attack against my rights and my person by bad policing. They weren't carrying knives and I was self disciplined enough to not retaliate in kind.
They laughed when I was in hospital with half my body paralysed from attack by a group of youths armed with an iron lantern hook picked off the road works in London. The police told me they would have done the job properly. Ah the good old days.
I have an opinel once more, serves me well it does. That is more than I may say of the semi literate "jobswoths" that attempt to maintain peace and public order in the land.
Happen someone will introduce kids to alternate uses for knives, like peeling potatoes for the family meal. Armthorpe has 38 takeaways, I still haven't got over it.
Mind you don't slip and cut yourself on the aluminium foil.
I live next door to a n artisan blacksmith. He makes his living making knives.I bet you are all scared now. Best you stay inside the quarantine moat until the media driven viral paranoia has been cured . It is a mental illness. Irrational fear. Get well soon.

No comments: