Tuesday 27 April 2021

Help me find my friend Stas.(Somewhere in Russia.)

 

Ayup(or Pryviet if you prefer)... Who in Russia  is reading, my blog? Thinks I to mysef,"I wonder what ever happened to Stas". Somebody may be able to make contact with him and pass the message on, an act of kindness would be greatly appreciated.

Identifiable factors that may assist of what I know,(I hope I breach no confidence). Stas is by his own description  of Finnish origin. His family moved to what I believe is now called St. Petersberg.  Stas is probably  the best none Irish penny whistle player I have heard. He plays transverse flute also. We traded instruments,My Romanian Pan pipes for a hand made flute of sycamore or maple. With his undeniable talent he should be good to utterly amazing on the panpipes by now.  He was homesick, wanted to help his mother to harvest the potatoes. We assisted him towards his journey homeward, then we heard no more. His claim to have learned and practiced his music on the street in Russia.I believe him, the majority of my learning was also practiced streetside,Homeless but not completely unhappy with the creative occupation to distract me. We busked in the streets of Nantes with others from Russia and an Italian flute player called Jonathon. I had the feeling at the time that he was being cheated out of his well earned share of donated proceeds. Alex promoted himself as the boss leader of the vagabond troupe. He having sole access to the bank without account  to his colleagues in the group. Kept his cards too close to his chest, did Wunderkind Alex. I didn't like him on immediate contact. I will leave that story for Stas to relate. 

I am not playing my Bhodran much these days, it could do with some playmates. Table companions, eating together, and making good healthy noises together as an ensemble.  I continue blowing my own flooting melodies. Can't play the street music till the Present iPhoney Masquerade has ended.. It needs to be heard. Masks are detrimental to my health.  I now have to practice indoors with the Empty Hat Band.

Can you help us find a long lost Friend? These are the only clues to aid finding him that I may give.

I hope someone out there will give my message a nudge in the right direction. Good Luck. From Reinold. ...I.Wazir.


No comments: