Friday 13 May 2022

Announcement: I'm taking my face out of the picture.

  If you are really desperate you can come round any time. I've got my face on permanently, Never hiding, like the weather, ever changing. The music is rare enough as incidents go, What you have here is just experimental practice, below public performance quality. I'm in my "Gizza Gig" mode. Sampling style ancient and modern. Spontaneous composition and original tune smithing. Close your eyes and stuff the sounds in your ears, or if you must look at something read a book,(just a small easily ignored serving suggestion). I hope folk get the fact that I'm not promoting my person. just the promising perspective of our on going homeland progress. It's on the cards that video shorts will be forth coming. They have to pass quality control.  I'm working on my bit. If you are waiting don't hold your breath, have patience.

I heard the late Charlie Gillet memorialise his view that you couldn't play Jazz on a bansuri, given that he practice with one at home so I'm told. Perhaps if he had regarded all music as "Jah's music" he would had been brought to a better, more satisfying conclusion. Join in the session live here at home , mine that is, at seventy I'm wearing out fast enough  without streetwalking my more familiar melodies for the unearned exclusive convenience of others. 


The young Walnut tree is turning into Gold.


No comments: