Tuesday 15 September 2009

Today is yesterday I'm in tomorrow now...you mean it's Tuesday already?But the news said it was Wednesday

13th September 2009, yesterday, was a Sunday. For the most part a cloudless breezy blue sky day. A little bit of hoeing and sowing, mache, a hardy late season salad green. Then off to Plelan Le Grand to pick up the bread from the market. Thought I might hear from the late Toby”Triscal” Izlington,(call him SNOT). Even his Facebook site registered a notification of a comment on his wall as Wednesday whilst the rest of the world was dwelling in Thursday, in my matrix at least. I spent some time in thought trying to reconstruct the memory of some writing that I lost whilst feigning interest in a movie. No good, I can remember to speak but not to rewrite. A pity, it was a good piece of work. As the day cooled I watered the garden after raking flat a patch of newly weeded ground. The Ble Noir in the centre circle has germinated after only three days. We collected a bucket of peaches excess to Marie Therese’s needs. One small tree had broken in half snapped at the trunk under the weight of fruit. After tasting these small beauties I will never be impressed again by the overblown bland commercially grown canning factory varieties. As each year progresses we will accumulate more preserving jars, we have some peaches already bottled in syrup and some have been made into compot.I guess we will have to “put up” with having to eat so many fresh ones. We could do with a bit of help. What can’t be conserved or eaten is given away to local friends and relatives. Boxes of intoxicating delicious aromatic edible jewels.
Five or six small trees are growing well in our little field, they don’t last many years as productive trees but they are easy to grow, there will always be more to follow the ones that are spent.
Today,14th September is about to see me wheeling barrows of seaweed to the field . It has been rained on a few times,but it is not quite ready for use on the ground. I will bring it closer to it’s final destination and stack it in the centre of the bottom circle. I will wash more salt out of it when I am doing the watering of an evening.
That night... it rained.
Everything moved(or was it me?) I found myself completely surrounded by Monday,
I think I will go outside and try and wear a hole in it. The path needs hoeing, plenty of tidying from unfinished jobs ,that'll do for the present, it'll set me up nice for a pleasant tomorrow.

No comments: