Wednesday 30 May 2012

The rising moon...Open letter to Emma Grace Godden @The Bodyshop, LIVERPOOL...

Yeah, right what's he on about now? It'll probably be out of date
before you condescend to reply to your mail. If you ever do as a
matter of dutiful politness as a habit. I do.
I thought I would just drop you a line to let you know that your
brother will be playing and bimbling around the SMALL WORLD FESTIVAL
from the 4th of June. Three day "Spring Festival", great if you have
a three day spring to celebrate. You are in luck, I wont be going. Our
spring festival is an At Home event Starts from March. is really busy
now and merges with our Summer festival. and continues till the
outdoor work is done, The late autumn winter. To go to the Spring
festival It will cost as a single visitor more than we pay per current
month for our small mortgage overall, if the travelling and food were
costed inclusively. Home is the place for all the progressive
development folk like to think they are part of. I am glad I have one
now.(I bet you are thrilled to bits???). A blessed piece of luck that
I took my civilisation with me when I left Abercrave. I would never
have survived to get this far.
I am still broke by the current common measure.A raggedy man for
sure. Meks no odds to me, I don't dress up even to go home why should
we waste good money fancy dressing to promenade in the dogshit town.
I hope you are in healthy form. No news as yet that would appease my
concern about you. You would have to confirm any positive reportage in
person. , Means you have to be a brave enough woman to tell me and
show me in person. It also means dumping all cover stories that you
have put out up to date. I will be no more explicit than that, for now
at least.
Toby is on the up, how sustainable his progress really is in the
Blighted Isle is anyone's guess.
He has had to go through a lot of scary stuff to arrive at even the
lowly modest status he now enjoys. Talk to your brother Emma you may
be glad you did. Sulky silences dragged on for years garnished with
sporadic hyperbullshit is hardly a positive way forward.The
conspiratorial plan is busted Emma.
The chances of seeing you here in Le Breil are fairly slim if past
attitudes are anything to go by. There is a lot of it about. It would
be a pivotal, a turning point in your personal progress if you came
to terms.
There is always the Summer solstice or the October celebration, as
well as every other blessed day in the calender. It will be special if
and when you turn up. The motto of your grandad's old regiment was
"Fortune Favours the Brave". Bout time you got a slice or two of that
together.
Our economic miracle prospers in austerity. The hope for my family ,
was beyond realisation as an empoverished homeless displaced person.
The profit of twenty three years work squandered in my absence. Missed
the point of me completely. Nothing your mam's side of the family
could ever demonstrate. As I say, there is a lot of it about. She may
be having difficulties,be a good daughter and provide a bit of moral
support. I mean MORAL SUPPORT, Emma.
Making contact Uncle Eddie was a bit of a shock. He too will have to
learn how to relate without his preconceived ill founded fantasies
getting in the way. A start has been made. I am proud he got that far.
I have never been anyone's enemy.Those who have perpetrated the myth
will just have to swallow their spit and recant. As I say, "Never kick
a man when he is down, he might stand up...". It is all water under
the bridge now, hopefully never to be repeated or practiced elsewhere.
So onward with my plan. Some one out there in Liverpool can give you a
friendly nudge, Happen.
I am guessing that the Bodyshop near Lime Street is the one you are
working in if the little information I have is true. The other two
shops were helpful without breaching personal confidentiality.. The
other refused to talk about it. Harmless stuff. Not magic. What's to
lose.
Number to phone, the only clue, is 0151 709 6992. That is my favoured guess.
<thebodyshop.co.uk> If anyone can help via another medium It would be
welcome. It is a thin hope I'll admit. Benign enough.
It might seem like incitement but an act of caring parental desperation is all.
In the event that someone gets through to her, yes this really is her
dad, She may make a million excuses why she is staying hidden. I can't
account for her action. (A friendly nudge ,O.K.). I will take the
number and web link down when I have face to face meeting in person.
In the meantime Emma I hope it doesn't get you dismissed, if the
firms site is flooded with encouragement to reunite with your family.
It will be one thing you could rightly blame on me. I don't mind.

What's ado now. I am home alone, Boiling eggs to go with my salad and
wholemeal bread. Then I will water the garden as it is cooling down,
Finish todays outside "chores" with picking the ripe strawberries. I
will then practice my fluting , "Blues for Emma". Early night . Wish
you were here my daughter. I close with Love. Dad.

No comments: