Tuesday 30 June 2020

To my only son, Toby William, somewhere in Britain... Possibly Nowhere...

 Ayup Toby. The next article I am posting discusses some of Karl Jung's  Ideas. I have never studied this kind of stuff, not in a purely academic way. It is surprising to me that my own notions,formed from personal experience and observation are congruent with his."Stuff Iz Sed" confirmed in writing by respected high table learned experts. Before we lived Beyond the Nook of Cranny, the locals referred to you as the "Man from Tir Na Nog". I called it living in teenage wasteland. You were at an age that should have found you well past that condition. Closer at least to coping with the responsabilities  of adult manhood. You appeared to prefer the act of being a flying monkey in service to the malignant action of my former wife. The barriers against learning anything from me,your caring dad were too well established. What was the point of my trying? You may work out for yourself. In many ways you acted as a saboteur to the peace and well being of my domestic life.  I am not the only one caused harm or hurt by your insensitivity. We all have the ability to change the course of our lives. Recognising the trail of trash we leave behind us is our personal responsibility to clear up. As Jordan Peterson might say,"tidy your room" I'd say "Clean it first". Best not shove your life's learning into a Clutterbox and forget the point of your lessons. They are not academic. You may listen to the YT posting anytime, I hope you get some practical message from it.  Saves you t-he arduous trouble of trying to remember what your horrible father tried to communicate. Reply or not, as you will.  My words have always been well meant.. I close, in the hope of your improvement. Get Well Soon. Dad.

No comments: