Friday 2 October 2020

115km. wind...We're still standing.

 A Sensical angle,the northern point of view.

I'm glad I see things my way...it works for me.


There's a subliminal message tied up in the weave of all this past time stuff. I won't tell you what it is . We are designed to do the headwork ourselves.


Golden osier, nearly time to crop them back to the stumps. A willow, good for weaving baskets, source of organic aspirin.The water from the boiled young shoots make a good rooting medium. I'll have a go at making willow bark whistles sometime soon.


Preparing for the last harvest of figs on the early tree; worth waiting for... they are getting really large.


My darling Japanese onion flower was really brave last night, it didn't give in to the storm and it's making a good recovery.


Wind? We'll give em wind.


 The sprout plants are wind blown but unharmed...


A mix of Brassicaca seedlings hardened off ready for transplanting.


Only pixies and children can get into the garden without risking a scratched face. I will rationalise the Eglantine once the birds have had most of the fruit. Till then I'll just retie it to the post and keep it's head in the air.


To me my Opinel...We have work to do. I'l freeze some for "instant pies and crumbles", dried apple rings go down well with the kids instead of sweets.Apple jelly, Trick or treat , (snigger n smirk) put the wormiest  ones aside for halloween, Apple Dunking. Good eating.



Marie Therese's gift from her home garden. Most generous as always. we'll pass it on to others. Sharing the joy of the season.

 Not a lot of damage,this will give me some space to hammer the ground around their roots, ensuring tight firm sprouts.


 This support has been hammered by westerly winds all year, combined with the old sticks I used as uprights, the result was predictable.


 Thanks Anne-Sophie, problem solved. The two props will hold it till the end of the season. The plants are mostly undamaged, Plenty of beans to come.


No comments: