Thursday 1 October 2020

Circumventing CoVid Curfews and the Compulsory maquerade...

I will stay home till they come to their senses. There is plenty to keep us occupied . I will be planting out another fifty garlic cloves A block of Broad beans(Fava) and a generous ground cover of Mache salad to sow.We are expecting 120 km westerly winds, that'll be fun. I hope the bean supports cope with the broadside. I am gradually taking out the sticks, taking care not to break the plants. I am trying to encourage their perrenial habit. I will post the progress on that one.

The picture shows(from left to right), Comfrey,Cosmo flowers, Parsley, Cabbage, Lettuce, Nasturtiums, a little Boxwood shrub and a tray of beans for the freezer. In the background the Runner beans,(Scarlet Emperor) still producing. I have just collected another two kilos of walnuts from our young tree.

Anne-Sophie did the heavy honours cutting the coming years firewood to size using a tractor driven circular saw.  Assisted by Gwendoline and overseen by Marie Therese, a return of the Land Army women, did they ever leave?  I doubt it .
Voltaire was right... 

No comments: