Thursday 22 October 2020

Don't get too excited... You missed it.

 

Smudge was there...

Between adventures.

The chicks are independent now,happy enough, brown hen eats her grain in peace at last.


Réglese and Noodle are making plans for a family


There's a Right to this one still in the making. It should be ready by 25 October, St. Crispin's Day. I'm calling them, "The Agincourt Handwarmers." Local wool carded and spun, dyed with vegetable pigments , designed, knitted and modelled by Anne-Sophie.

 
They may not be childrens' favourite due to the dry bitterness, avoid trips to the sweet shop with healthier option Candied Walnuts.Five minutes well spent.The kids loved them.


Cooling and drying, crying out to be eaten.


We are putting plenty aside  for gifts.
Working on savoury alternatiyes.
Libre Service and a little bit of what I fancied. It was my Birthday. My sixty ninth celebration. the walnuts will be gone long before my undying enthusiasm for Life has waned.

 
There are no photos of the Apple cake, too bad. It was good , I had seconds, then guess what ... You didn't turn up, so I ate yours.. I was still left searching for more stuff to nibble on. The first candied walnuts flooded me with saliva. I nearly drowned.
Experimenting with different methods of preparation is a great way to learn. 



 I'll get cracking on some more. Looking for favourable recipes at preesent. Only twenty or so more kilos to shell. Yesterday evening was spent skinning Sweet Chestnuts. Two kilo bags of peeled nuts will go for freezing.

I will show off today's delight presently, 



No comments: