Saturday 10 October 2020

A Bitter Peace...

 


The lateral support sticks have been carefully cut away and the beanplants lowered gently to the ground.This is part of my attempt to establish a perrenial bean patch. The plants are strong, with large rhyzomes. I will pile more compost and straw mulch. The weaker plants will feed the stronger as they decay. New support sticks by April when I expect to see new green growth.



I forgot about this one. Grenadine,(Passiflora), the fruit will soon remind us when they turn bright orange.


Facing East.


 Rogue cabbage, a case of arrested development. It's taken two years to get this far.I don't have the heart to pull it up. Green Rose.


 Once the fig is bursting all manner of birds and insects feast on the gaping fruit. There are still plenty more for us, I  don't mind sharing.


It's that time of year...


No comments: