Saturday 17 October 2020

There are more rewarding ways of living than screaming in protest for change...

 



The beanstalks are lowered for the winter. It's just an experiment to appease my curiosity. Nothing lost by trying. I will post the progress or not of my trials periodically. The climbing bean is originally from the south American forest, it doesn't really need a seasonal autumn in an ideal environment. I try to compensate for the shortfall, (As though a tree has fallen. the reserve energy in the rhyzome will be enough to regenerate). The old sticks will be burned on the stove,the ash will serve to enrich the onion patch.

There's a good reason why I don't subscribe to straight line, "Grid Iron" slave plantation pattern.I'll leave you guessing, You are probably right, I won't spoil it for you...



More walnuts. I will save some in the shells. Most will be processed for cooking, roasted, candied, put in the biscotti mix, milled into flour turned into halva...etc.


I just like the look of this busy piece of space.


Work in progress...


These wrinkly cherry type tomatoes will get sorted for seed.


Don't anthropamorphise for too long, they won't be doing that when you eat them.


The last gleanings from the recently lowered plant.They can join the carrots on a dinner date this evening.


A Neighbourly gesture.


Pickled Carrots



It does it on it's own.

Lovely,innit?

No comments: