Monday 23 November 2009

Home is not a movie...

November gales, driving rain, we had hale yesterday. I entertain fanciful notions of the work to come. There would be no lasting benefit from squelching around outside. I try to stay focused on our little field of interesting responsibility. It is pointless trying to conquer the world with hyperbolic imaginings. I went out, just for a look, and a quick hello to the garden. The nearby oaks are shedding leaves fast the little fig trees are fading into yellow. Cold wet stones didn't give much encouragement to be moved, they can sit tight in their temporary places till we get a long enough dry spell. I am still without adequate wet weather working top coat or slickers, it didn't stop me doing a few minutes hoeing small stones out of the trench that will house the base of a retaining wall in the yard. The distraction of a call for lunch brought me in. The weather looks worse through the window, once the grub has settled I think I'll bring a couple of barrows of stones down, happen it will leave a sign of visible on going progress. Good for morale if nothing else.
A bit o' that, it wasn't bad. A cup of tea for Anne-Sophie and me. She's just got back from taking the goat to be tupped by a local billy. A big day for Capucine, we will walk her back in a few days. It is raining again, too much to be doing. A photo of my hoe idling against a subtly altered landscape will finish off today's post. I'll bring some logs in for the stove relax and daydream about the work to come. All iz well in the Izdom of Iz.

No comments: