Wednesday 21 January 2009

Neither driven nor a drover be...

It doesn't take much to get excited after the passing of inclement weather. Sprinting in the stone pile driven by my own enthusiasm, without a gradual warm up got me back poleaxed in short order. It wont stop me working, I will just use the bits o' me that aren't hurting with a little more consideration and care.The pulled muscle is now inflamed pressing on the sciatic nerve, I will have some arnica rubbed into it tonight before bedtime and sleep face down in the recovery position to give the muscles a chance to regain their rightful shape.

The true length of Iz long suffering feet iz 30cm.By the Imperial standard of the last babylonian empire they are each definitively a foot long, I have had to stay in wellies for most of my life, grand for standing in the mud, not a lot of good if yer feet are the sort that cover thousands of pedestrian miles. Their cries for attention have long been ignored. I don't support the many shoe shops that can't be bothered to stock large sizes, giving their reason as ,"there is no call for them".
Stressful times in U.K. to have my long and unhappy calling met with threats of the police being brought in, Britain's most favoured option for dealing with consumer complaints.Two years shoeless in England didn't stop me walking. Being met on limping with dirty bloody feet into a shop with "How can I help you sir?"has caused me to crack a few good ones, in reply, the jokes it must be said joined the feet on stoney ground. Footwear fit for purpose iz all I asked, Form follows function. Don't designers use that maxime anymore?
Since moving to France I have done two tours of every shoe shop in Rennes. The same gombeen lazy excuses prevail, without gaining any kudos or chic by having the febrile blah blah transposed into French.My footwear iz not intended to be a fashion statement. Doing the do iz all.
The feet have after much neglectful delay,have met up with the boots of their dreams.
I like the fit, the feel,the standing and walking. They are light but are up for some rugged work. All purpose action footwear for all purpose action feet, I am grateful that I don't have to make do with ex militaria, me boots are 100% civilian, aziz I.
30% recycled materials,and repairable. I even reheel my wellies.
I'm not planning on retiring, it iz encouraging to be assured a comfortable progress for the second half. The boots weren't on sale we added a TGVreturn ticket to Paris on the price,"saving money " by buying two pairs. With care and repair they will last at least a decade. Fair play to the shop owner, she was not troubled at all by my exuberant performance in her small busy salon.I made shoe shopping an exciting and memorable event for a number of small customers being dragged along by stressed up parents. Raised well plucked eyebrows on the many voracious shoppers faces were not lowered by the shop owner insisting on kissing. Lucky I was, to have my good Madame in attendence to oversee matters. It iz well not to underestimate ones vulnerability on such alien adventures.The shopping was a joyous experience. British shop kreepers take notice.Iz feet are happy feet now. The name of the boot suits Iz work well, I like the name,Timberland Earthkeepers.

No comments: