Sunday 27 September 2020

Avoiding Lockdown rage and the cold, cruel discomfort of the impending food shortage...

 


Waiting their turn.


The last pear of 2020.


 Rosehips (Eglantine), grow to a hight of four metres, creating a secure spiky cover for small birds against the hawks. 

  
 The last peach of 2020.


Curly kale looks forward to the first frost, our winter greens are assured.


We are still being bullied by the daily fig harvest. . Over ripe fruit is enjoyed by a mass of blackbirds. The first tree is looking a bit ragged from all the attention it's getting.  I will be topping the leaders this Autumn to ensure next years fruit are reachable. I will trim the fringe to head hight,All the clippings will be shredded and composted.Help is coming to harvest the figs on the second tree. My craving year long, for fig rolls, may yet be sated.

Beans that mean business.The second crop this season, it's not giving up...


Hollyhocks fully recovered, more colours will be sown or planted for next year, pink, purple and crimson varieties is what I'm looking for.


All's well in the Garden of the Izdom of Iz, I wish you were here...I.WAZIR

No comments: