Tuesday 1 September 2020

Ayup my Emma: Remember telling me that you can believe what you like...

 You got a long reply relating to the down side of that approach to life. Some most unlikeable stuff has been piling up, the Delusionati don't seem to have joined up the dots properly. There are enough warnings  since even pre internet times. What was known of what is true remains a difficult subject to relate. If I didn't care about my errant ofspring I wouldn't try to warn. If you just determine to believe in the nice bits and ignore the rest, it's going to spell disaster in your senior years. One wonders to what extent , you ,your friends and colleagues are preparing or are prepared for the inevitable crisis... There are still some who think it will be over when the CoVid 19 pandemic is over. It's only the beginning.  Global crop failures, Worldwide weather anomilies, Grand Solar Minimum plus a waning magneto sphere. Much seismic movement,the increase in volcanic activity. Ash and cloud cover accelerating cooling by blocking out the warming sunshine. Major floods as well as major droughts. Insect plagues and all manner of mutant viruses brewing in the Big Pharma labs the delights of which we have yet to see. Economic tourism will become a thing of the past. Last count I heard 8000 restaurants have shut down in New York. (How could that be true?" It could spell the beginning of the end of youthful debauchery, the few that survive the commercial hospitality crash will have to appeal to a more discerning and more sustainably funded clientelle than Teenage Wasteland.
We do our best eating at Home. I have just brought in a bowl of figs and one windfall nectarine, (brugnon). I don't believe that the Portugese economy will be immune from the global shock wave that is just starting to gain momentum. I am well aware of which bits I need to take seriously.
Happen you've never considered the hospitaity of your fathers house a worthy goal.If you are stuck for practical options or in need of Safe Haven, or even just because your curiosity got the better of you. You are welcome here.  Respond in word and deed as you want. Maybe someone in your network of social influence may pick up the challenge of communication on your behalf. I didn't think you would need to look so timid. It's out of character. So...Wassup Emma Grace?And what would Lisbon know?Just the bit you want to show.There's no Masquerade here. Some folk might feel uncomfortable about that, we force no one to stay.
What does Lisbon have to offer towards your future.Diminishing returns are not a supporter  of success. A shrinking market. Food shortages (Globally)will effect the availability of food and the price of all available produce. Do you have a plan? Best advice I could give, "Make a Garden, before it's too late." I close as usual with distant Love of the very finest and long lasting fatherly kind.Dad.

Meanwhile I'll keep blowing the whistle...
I. WAZIR






No comments: