Wednesday 9 September 2020

More Knackered than Normal...


 I am too knackered to move much at present,my disc slipped yesterday, very painful. I'll distract from the discomfort by dwelling on more likeable stuff. There are lots of images of this part of the garden. It happens to be a favourite place to sit and tootle me flootle, see the pumpkins swelling, leeks fattening. A cache crop of beans,a second harvest. Learned a lot about beans this year, Brussel Sprouts starting to bud. I think we will get a cold year end. Feels like winter is coming early. The Strawberry border is still producing good fruit.


Life supporting wall, wall supporting life.



More cabbage has been planted in front of these sprout plants through the grass mulch vacated by the coco beans.  The tomato plants are noticing the "unseasonable" cold, hoping for a few days of sunshine to ripen the fruit.


 One of my little chilli plants has been attacked. The peppers still look pretty and the plant seems robust enough to survive.


 Pears rescued from wasps birds and and mould. Washed peeled and cored the halves are covered with sugar syrop and a small piece of cinammon."Heat treated" then sent into a future of gladsome feasting.  I hope I am there when they get opened.



 Standing in simmering water for twenty minutes is all it needs. Residual heat as the jars cool will finish them off. Three more jars to go... 



Voila!





No comments: