Friday 17 April 2020

Homeland Security...


Locked up or locked down. We are each subjected to the folly of our individual liberty. I publish images of my own investment, fading strength, waning energy.The knowledge of a lifetime of unmanifest learning, acrued from the margin, avoiding elitist societies in search of civilisation.Personal preferrences may cause us to bar others from their rightful heritage.
Asking of someone who professed to hold the answers, "What do you mean by equity?...", "What you are left with when everybody else has had their cut..."
You can see something of what I  have done so far with the skin and bone ,and loose change , leftover once the Everybodies have had their excessive cuttings. Thankful I am,  they couldn't see the blazing vision in my mind, nor quantify the value of hard won experience. Foolishly I did try to explain. They claimed I was incoherent. I guess they just were incapable of understanding. A small mercy, for which I will be ever grateful.
 My many futile attempts to re-establish in a Blighted homeland. The once"Great Britain"failed to recognise the value of the post Empire  returnees,(the other ranks) the steerage class, trying to establish permanent lives once more, after generations of service to the Raj.
It has been a long paper round so far. My bag seems to get heavier, the road I must travel until the final deed is done appears longer than ever, the ever ascending gradient, steeper.
 COVID19 crisis was a predictable certainty. Food shortages foreseeable. Weather patterns and the climate cycles observable and well recorded. The internaughts of the International Information Super Highway don't appear to have caught up with the pre-internet exsistant proven facts.
 I locked myself in. Twelve years now. A few dozen sojourns into the world outside. Little joy was gleaned from that. As an Englshman abroad, disowning the imposition of being called "British", married to a strong willed Breton wife, both loyal and fully committed to  benign service in the last Noble Cause. Our non vocal expression , the product of our Labour of Love, may one day be understood, long after we are gone. first and last natural survivors marginalised on the edge of extinction.


  
Edgey protection,growing the hedge fund...



 The small rocks act as soakaways. I will plant fruit bushes or boxwood at their base.




Broad beans grow well in a block. I will put sticks on the outside to stop the outside edge from collapsing.



 Plenty of new "recruits" queuing up to enlist in the garden.


No comments: